Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

... All You Knit is Love


I am absolutely in love with my knitting group, The Knotty Knitters. Amazing, talented, loving, creative, funny, awesome women. We've been meeting for about a year and a half now but I've known the members anywhere from 1 to 15 years. My soul sisters. Be
my valentine?


Yesterday, The Knotty Knitters completed their fourth yarn bombing. We knit, crocheted and sewed a huge display ALL YOU KNIT IS LOVE onto a fence. This fence is protecting a big giant hole where a building once stood. It's called The Pit. And it needed some love. This fence faces the Eugene public library. You can read more about it on The Knotty Knitters blog.


A lot of people ask us why. Why do we do it? Because it's fun. Because it makes people smile. Because it might inspire someone else to create. Because I'm a huge believer in Pay It Forward. Because there is something incredibly satisfying in giving away your art to the public. If you come across this, how could you not stop and smile? Everyone needs more love and more art in their live. And also because I have way too much yarn not to cover parking meters, door handles and fences with it.

1 comment: