Monday, March 7, 2011

Release the Butterflies!!

...The Monarch

For awhile now I've been wanting to dye yarn based around the colors of The Venture Brothers character The Monarch. I finally got to it this weekend.

I used Wiltons icing colors and used the jar method. I dissolved the food coloring, water and vinegar in a jar and stuffed the yarn in and heated it in the microwave.

The best tool for dyeing based on a photo is a color extractor. I used ColorSuckr. It extracts the 12 most used colors in the photo. For my yarn, I used 6 dyes. 3 different purples, golden yellow, orange and brown.

I plan on knitting it along with black yarn to finish off that perfect Monarch look!

Name: Monarch
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool, natural
Weight: Worsted
Yardage: 223 yards

1 comment: